Rajiv has more than 15 years of experience in serving as Intellectual Property Strategic Asset Management expert at leading companies like Motorola, Inventurus and KED & Associates (a spin‐off of Fleshner & Kim). He has been part of the knowledge & legal process outsourcing (KPO/LPO) industry for more than 5 years and has experience of successfully shaping new start‐up ventures. Rajiv has immense applied know‐how in searching, drafting and analyzing patents. In particular, he specializes in design and implementation of strategies and mechanics for a variety of searches, such as novelty, infringement, Freedom‐to‐Operate (FTO) / Freedom‐to‐Practice (FTP), patentability, invalidation / validation, drafting patent applications, and drafting responses to office actions. Mr. Rajiv was awarded by Motorola for design and implementation of structured object oriented English like language for development of engineering specifications for inventions. He has drafted more than 500+ patent applications of which most of them have been published on USPTO online database.
Rajiv has undergone 12 months rigorous training in US Patent Law for US Patent Agents conducted by US Patent Attorneys from Stanford, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and at Motorola India. Rajiv has also cleared Mock exam conducted by Motorola University for Singapore Patent Agents. He received Digital six sigma certification from Motorola University‐ ISO QMS, ISO ISMS, SAS 70 (SOX), VAPT, RMG, Country of origin labeling ‐ as an internal auditor. Rajiv is Xilinx certified in Advanced Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) Design and Implementation and Brain bench certified in Active Server Pages. Rajiv has conducted corporate training programs at various technology firms, such as search mechanics at various Technology firms.
Rajiv was also associated with Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Lab Indian National Scientific Documentation Centre (INSDOC), now NISCAIR, as project engineer and held various positions, such as Senior Guest Counsellor with IGNOU, Associateship in Information Science of CSIR and SAARC DOCUMENTATION CENTRE (SDC) at Delhi Congress. Rajiv’s area of expertise is drafting patents in Semicon, ASIC, Telecom and Meditronics domains. Rajiv has drafted techno‐market reports for world’s largest Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor.
Rajiv has advised clients on following matters:
- Raid and Policing activities for and on behalf of Large Automobile manufacturers for counterfeit activities, Copyright violation, Trademark infringement, Patent infringement etc
- Mystery shopping activities and corporate intelligence activities
- Ex‐Member of the Society of Industry Leaders, formerly backed by McGraw‐Hill for expertise in Optoelectronics
- Extensive Brand Management & Trademark Development, Filing, Prosecution, Litigation, Licensing & Enforcement hands‐on experience – Represented a US based Bio‐Medical Engineering Start‐up against Merchant & Gould PC, Worked for Haynes & Boone and KED & Associates ‐ a Spin‐Off of Fleshner & Kim, Enforced Brands with North eastern University, Skin & Cancer Foundation, Inc., UrbanOrca and other firms. Built and operated a portfolio of 30 Brands.
- Professional IPR Certifications
- Primer on Intellectual Property from WIPO Academy
- General Course on Intellectual Property from WIPO Academy
- General Primers ‐ Introduction to the Patent Cooperation Treaty from WIPO Academy
- Intellectual Property Management from WIPO Academy
- Manual of Patent Examination Procedures (MPEP) from BAR/BRI Patent Bar Review, US
|His previous work experience includes:|
|•||Director – IPR, mySkin, Inc.|
|•||Advanced Patent Agent & Sr. Patent Engineer, Motorola Labs|
|•||Project Engineer, INSDOC,CSIR|
|•||Head – IPR, Haynes & Boone, LLP Back Office|
|•||Sr. Patent Analyst, Fleshner & Kim Spin‐off Ked & Associates|
B.P.Sc (Hons) LLB (Business Law Hons.)