Sanjay is the Managing Partner of the Firm. With an experience of more than 2 decades, he has been advising on and representing clients on a wide variety of matters in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, various High Courts, District Courts and Tribunals and Forums including Competition Commission, National Consumer Disputes Reddressal Forum, and State Consumer Forums.
At the Firm, Sanjay advises clients on various aspects and issues relating to The Trade Marks Act, The Indian Copyright Act, The Design Act, The Patents Act, The Geographical Indication Act, Sales of Goods Act, Competition Act, and Consumer Protection Act.
In the IPR space, he has advised several major Indian and foreign clients (collaborating with Solicitors from USA, Germany, and other Asian Countries) on management of IP portfolios, valuation of IP assets, protection of their brands in India, monitoring infringements and violations of IPRs, prosecuting their IP matters in India (including civil and criminal action) and suggesting remedies available, filing applications for Trademarks and Patents.
He is actively involved in drafting and scrutinizing numerous agreements such as Copyright and Trade Secret Licensing, Lease, Joint Venture, Distribution, Technology Transfer/ collaboration/ License, and Marketing. He also advises clients on the legal aspects related to M&A, Joint Ventures, Contracts, FEMA and Company Law.
Prior to founding A & A Law Office, he was a Senior Partner with Aggarwal Associates (a 45 year old law firm), a leading law firm of New Delhi advising multi‐ national clients (most of whom are Fortune 500 Companies) on legal issues of the Company, Intellectual Property management, statutory compliances, handling litigations relating to Trade Practices, Civil matters, Criminal and Consumer cases.
Some of the recent select noteworthy transactions include – formation of Jobstreet.com (a Singapore based company), Modi Senator India Private Limited (joint venture between Modi Mundi Pharma ltd &. Merz & Krell Gmbh, Germany); patent filings include – HIV test Kit for AIMS and softening of sponge iron for North Western University; and IPR infringement litigations for HARVARD (USA), James Bond 007, Deutsche Bank & NTT Do Como among many others.
- IP registration, litigation as well as prosecution
- Advices clients on their IPR strategies and management portfolios, Registration of Trademark and Preparing and filing Trademark, Copyright, Patent & Design applications
- Patent registration and licenses etc
- Intellectual Property Litigation including drafting infringement / passing off civil suits for trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, and design rights, Drafting injunction applications, Replications, Rejoinders and Written Statements, Drafting infringement / passing off criminal complaints for trademarks and copyrights, appearing and arguing
- Regular participation in domestic as well as international arbitration
- Advise clients on pre-litigation and dispute resolution strategy
- Draft necessary legal documents and guide clients through a trial or any other hearings.
- Enforce and challenge enforcement of Arbitral Awards
- Represent clients before High Courts and Supreme Court in arbitration petitions
- Draft arbitration agreements and clauses
- Advise clients and handles arbitration cases related to Commercial Contracts and Contractual Disputes
- Advise clients on conciliation and mediation matters
- Perform corporate re-structuring and legal due diligence
- Drafting of contractual relationship agreements such as Joint Ventures, Memorandum of Understandings, Shareholder Agreements, Investments Agreement, License Agreement, Loan Agreements etc
- Advice on Tripartite Agreement
- Corporate advice on share transfer under UK Laws
- Corporate advice on licensing issues
Education And Trainings
Course on Corporate Commercial Laws, York University, London
LL.B. Delhi University, Delhi