Shellen is a Partner at A & A Law and has an experience of over 2 decades in handling corporate matters including corporate advisory on infrastructure regulation and compliances, and real estate which also includes performing due diligence and title search of the properties for client assistance and knowledge.
In the capacity of vice president with Multi‐national Companies, he has worked and supervised infrastructure and real estate projects worth thousands of crores. He has been involved in numerous residential, commercial, retail and hospitality projects including Public Private Partnerships and Special Economic Zones projects for national and international clients. Besides strategizing contracts and effective litigation defense, he has directed long term mitigation strategies and has advised clients in obtaining regulatory approvals on infrastructure projects. As head of the legal team, he spearheaded tendering procedures, international commercial contracts, multi‐jurisdictional transactions, mergers, joint development, private equity, inbound and outbound investments; and project finance. In hospitality sector he has worked on management services, leasing, consultancy, promotion, management of serviced apartments, including supervision of various due‐diligences for setting up of projects.
Shellen has extensively worked in the Media, Telecom and Technology sector. He has negotiated agreements pertaining to procurement and deployment of technology in the internet and telecom sectors. He has led corporate communications, partnerships, joint ventures collaborations, and, drafted revenue share agreements, online trading, auctions, private treaties, travel/ad‐sales, financial / asset valuation, service agreements, consortium agreements for tendering, to name a few at pan India and international levels. He has worked with the premium brands, major public sector undertakings and various government departments and ministries, in the telecom, media and digital space. Shellen has been instrumental in forging successful legal alliances for online travel (railway, air etc), auctions, automobiles, VAS services through ISPs. He has advised clients on their online portals, spanning ecommerce, entertainment, hospitality, ticketing, travel, fashion, net banking, e‐pay and on various online aggregation models. He has been pivotal in creating documentation for technology procurement, distribution and technical partnerships for seamless development, integration, upgradation and knowhow.
As Senior Consultant and partner at Innovation Central Int’l Consultancy (ICE), he often advised on matters related to corporate communications, legal and regulatory compliance. He has also represented his clients in various courts and forums in financial & debt recovery issues for banks, FIs, company cases, and also handled service matters, writs, arbitrations, and appellate criminal cases.
|•||Vice President, Indian Chamber of Commercial Arbitration and Conciliation|
|•||Member, Bar Council of India|
|•||Member, Delhi High Court Bar Association|
|His previous work experience includes:|
|•||Vice President Legal, Emaar MGF Land Limited (EMGF)|
|•||Vice President Legal, Times Internet Limited,
(The digital venture of Times of India Group)
- IP registration, litigation as well as prosecution
- Advices clients on their IPR strategies and management portfolios, Registration of Trademark and Preparing and filing Trademark, Copyright, Patent & Design applications
- Patent registration and licenses etc
- Intellectual Property Litigation including drafting infringement / passing off civil suits for trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, and design rights, Drafting injunction applications, Replications, Rejoinders and Written Statements, Drafting infringement / passing off criminal complaints for trademarks and copyrights, appearing and arguing
- Regular participation in domestic as well as international arbitration
- Advise clients on pre-litigation and dispute resolution strategy
- Draft necessary legal documents and guide clients through a trial or any other hearings.
- Enforce and challenge enforcement of Arbitral Awards
- Represent clients before High Courts and Supreme Court in arbitration petitions
- Draft arbitration agreements and clauses
- Advise clients and handles arbitration cases related to Commercial Contracts and Contractual Disputes
- Advise clients on conciliation and mediation matters
- Perform corporate re-structuring and legal due diligence
- Drafting of contractual relationship agreements such as Joint Ventures, Memorandum of Understandings, Shareholder Agreements, Investments Agreement, License Agreement, Loan Agreements etc
- Advice on Tripartite Agreement
- Corporate advice on share transfer under UK Laws
- Corporate advice on licensing issues
B.A, LL.B. Delhi University