Sukham is a Partner at the Firm with an experience of more than 10 years advising on and representing clients on a wide variety of corporate matters. He has conducted legal due diligence and prepared due diligence reports; structured and negotiated Private Equity transactions; drafted and vetted various documents including loan term agreements, trust deeds, retention agreements, hypothecation deeds, pledge deeds, shareholders agreement, share subscription and purchase/offer agreements; Legal Opinions /Memorandums; and advised on various Corporate Laws related to company, securities, foreign exchange, infrastructure, aviation, shipping etc.
His areas of expertise include practice includes Mergers & Acquisitions; Private Equity Investments; Capital Markets issues; Project Finance; Dispute Resolution, General Corporate advisory and Inbound Investment to India including strategy, corporate governance, corporate finance including M&A, Joint Ventures, disposal of private companies, private equity & securities transaction, public offerings of debt and equity securities.
He has advised several major players in the pharmaceutical and petrochemical sectors, one of the India’s largest breweries, numerous processed food giants, infrastructure development corporations, banks and financial institutions as well as leading information technology companies. He is on panel of several important religious bodies and trusts. He has represented clients in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, Delhi High Court, Tribunals and Appellate authorities including TDSAT, DRAT, Company Tribunal, Green Tribunal, and Competition Commission.
Prior to founding A & A Law Office, he was working with Jyoti Sagar & Associates (JSA) where he has handled numerous corporate transactions including advisory on Company Law, Land Laws, and FEMA.
- IP registration, litigation as well as prosecution
- Advices clients on their IPR strategies and management portfolios, Registration of Trademark and Preparing and filing Trademark, Copyright, Patent & Design applications
- Patent registration and licenses etc
- Intellectual Property Litigation including drafting infringement / passing off civil suits for trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, and design rights, Drafting injunction applications, Replications, Rejoinders and Written Statements, Drafting infringement / passing off criminal complaints for trademarks and copyrights, appearing and arguing
- Regular participation in domestic as well as international arbitration
- Advise clients on pre-litigation and dispute resolution strategy
- Draft necessary legal documents and guide clients through a trial or any other hearings.
- Enforce and challenge enforcement of Arbitral Awards
- Represent clients before High Courts and Supreme Court in arbitration petitions
- Draft arbitration agreements and clauses
- Advise clients and handles arbitration cases related to Commercial Contracts and Contractual Disputes
- Advise clients on conciliation and mediation matters
- Perform corporate re-structuring and legal due diligence
- Drafting of contractual relationship agreements such as Joint Ventures, Memorandum of Understandings, Shareholder Agreements, Investments Agreement, License Agreement, Loan Agreements etc
- Advice on Tripartite Agreement
- Corporate advice on share transfer under UK Laws
- Corporate advice on licensing issues
B. A., LL.B. Delhi University, Delhi
LL.M., Cardiff University, U.K.